After having quite a few people asking if I do workshops, and having done a few workshops and talks for the Racine Art Museum, I have decided to start offering workshops on the types of photography I know best.
For the past thirty years I’ve done most of my photography using a 4×5 large format camera and have always had a love for black and white film. My experience ranges from landscape photography, fine art still life, as well as gelatin dry plate and wet plate collodion photography.
I’m currently in the process of designing and writing my course plans for the workshops I will offer starting this spring. As I finalize the workshops I will post signup information on my Workshops page.
Here is a quick look at they types of workshops I plan to offer. (more details on the workshops page)
- Introduction to Large Format Photography
- Introduction to Wet Plate Collodion Photography (aka Tintype)
- Building a Darkroom Without Running Water
- Introduction to Making Silver Gelatin Prints from Negatives
- Large Format Film Photography
- A Meditation in Nature: Improving Your Landscape Photography
- Large Format Landscape Photography
- Urban and Industrial Photography
- Fine Art Still Life Photography
- Photo Encaustic
- One-on-One Workshops (private training)